Journalists: don’t be like certain celebrity former executive editors of the Times. Record your phone interviews.
- Don’t get scammed on Valentine’s Day. (Also, happy Valentine’s Day.)
- Have trouble separating your work life from your personal life? Use Keepsafe Unlisted to draw a line between business and pleasure. (Speaking of, remember Start the Revolution Without Me? It was great!)
- Did you know there’s a Data Privacy Day? And it’s January 28th? Read more about the what, the why, and the how to celebrate. (I had a lot of fun with this one.)
- Looking for a job (like I always am)? Check out these Job Hunting Tips, and if you’re applying for something in another city, think about using Keepsafe Unlisted to use a local area code.
- A slightly paranoid holiday post and summary of all of Keepsafe’s apps.
- Date safely with Keepsafe’s Unlisted app. Herein I ask questions like, “What is a burner phone?” Answer: A temporary phone number that you can throw away when you’re done with it, just like the broken husks of your scorned lovers.
- Think you’re safe on public WiFi? Then we’ve got a lot to talk about, you poor, sweet, innocent creature. Here are the Top Five Reasons To Use a VPN.
- Do you have dark secrets? Or any secrets? Find out how to keep your pictures, search history, and data safe when you travel for the holidays.
To read my first McSweeney’s piece in its original glory, click here.
I’ve done some things I’m not proud of, but these are not those things:
July 20, 2009
One summer when I was in my mid-twenties, I visited my friend Jeff in New Mexico. We were going to do some hiking, but all the trails were closed due to extreme fire hazard, so we spent my visit on his couch, playing the video game Grand Theft Auto. Two grown men with master’s degrees, we couldn’t tear ourselves away, so addictive was the action, the anarchy.Continue reading “On Violence”